The month of November is often a time of reflection for the things we are thankful for in our lives. No, we are not doing a 30 day November thankful challenge, but we should take a moment to recognize and honor those who served this great nation both past and present, our Veterans. Here are a few words from General Alexander:
“There is perhaps no greater testament to the strength of a nation, and its ideals and values, than the willingness of its people to fight for them. From the earliest days of our country’s history – even before we had officially come together as a nation – the nation has been blessed with men and women who believed in the United States, in everything it stands for, and that it was worth fighting for.
Every day, for over two hundred years, people have raised their hands and said “I will serve.” In times of war, and in times of peace, they have willingly left their civilian lives, their families and their homes, and accepted the nation’s call to duty.
On November 11, as we have done for the past 94 years, we will honor those who stepped forward to answer the nation’s call to service. We honor them for their sacrifice, for their willingness to put their love of country not just into words, but into deeds as well. We salute the Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines, and Coast Guardsmen – active duty, reserve, and National Guard – who have served our nation honorably, all around the world, for more than 200 years.
On this day and always, I encourage each of you to remember not only the debt we owe to our veterans, for the sacrifices they have made in the service of this nation, but that you too have played a significant role in aiding, informing, and protecting our Armed Forces in harm’s way. A feat, certainly, no less important.”
Once again, thank you to all of our Veterans, we are truly grateful for your sacrifice! Please take advantage of the discounts and free meals listed below!
FREE MEALS AND FOOD DISCOUNTS
Please note that most companies require some form of military ID – including a U.S. Uniform Services ID Card (active/reserve/retired), Current Leave and Earnings Statement (LES), Photograph in uniform, be wearing uniform (if your service permits), Veterans Organization Card (e.g., American Legion and VFW), DD214, discharge paperwork, or other form of identification. Other restaurants and companies may only require a photo of you in uniform, or go by the honor system.
Always call ahead to verify locations, times, and participation.
• Applebee’s – free meal, Nov. 11: Last year, Applebee’s served over one million free meals to military veterans and active servicemembers. Applebee’s is again offering a free meal to military veterans and active-duty service members on Veteran’s Day, Nov. 11, 2013. There will be 7 entrées to choose from, beverage and gratuity not included. Military ID or proof of service required. Find locations at http://applebees.com/.
• Bar Louie, Free meal on Veterans Day (2013). Active duty military members and veterans can receive a free meal, up to $10 in value, and a free non-alcoholic beverage. Available at all locations, military ID or proof of service is required. See FaceBook page for more info.
• BJs Restaurant and Brewhouse, Nov. 11th (2013). Complimentary lunch entree or a one topping mini pizza for dinner. Offer valid to all active duty military and veterans, with proof of service. More info.
• Champps Americana. We’re celebrating our Veterans with an All American Meal! All Veterans and Active Military will receive a free burger on November 11th! Proof of service required. Offer not valid for the Pepperjack Bacon Stack Burger or Kobe Burger. Dine in only, valid at participating locations.
• Chili’s – free meal, Friday, Nov. 11 (2013). Chili’s is offering all military veterans past and present their choice of one of 6 meals. This offer is available from 11am – 5pm on November 11, 2013 at participating Chili’s in the U.S. only. Dine-in from limited menu only; beverages and gratuity not included. Veterans and active duty military simply show proof of military service.
• Denny’s Veterans Day Appreciation Event, Nov. 11. 2013 (2013). Free Grand Slam breakfast to any veteran from. Call ahead to verify, and check with your local Denny’s.
• Fox & Hound and Bailey’s Sports Bar. Veterans and Active Duty Military will receive a free item from the 7 under $7 menu. Active military ID, retiree card, or other proof of service required. Visit site for location information.
• Golden Corral – Free meal, Monday Nov. 11: The 13th annual Golden Corral Military Appreciation Monday dinner will be held on Monday, November 11, 2013 from 4 pm to 9 pm in all Golden Corral Restaurants nationwide. The free “thank you” dinner is available to any person who has ever served in the United States Military. If you are a veteran, retired, currently serving, in the National Guard or Reserves, you are invited to participate in Golden Corral’s Military Appreciation Monday dinner.
• Famous Dave’s – Nov. 11th. Free or discounted meals on Veterans Day. Offer varies by location.
• Hooters – Free Meal, Nov. 11. Hooter’s is serving up a free meal to military veterans all day on Veterans Day. Offer good for all veterans and active duty military personnel. Get 10 Free Wings – Boneless or Regular, drink purchase required. Offer valid at participating Hooters only; open to all active duty and military veterans with valid military ID or proof of military service. For more information, visit, www.HootersVeteransDay.com.
• Krispy Kreme – Free doughnut (2013). Available only at participating Krispy Kreme stores. Offer available to all active-duty, retirees & veterans on November 11th. Be sure to call ahead to verify your local Krispy Kreme is participating.
• Little Caesars® Pizza (2013). Little Caesars is honoring the men and women of the United States armed forces this Veterans Day by providing veterans and active military members with a free Crazy Bread® with proof of military status or proof of service at participating stores nationwide.
• McCormick & Schmick’s Seafood Restaurants – free lunch or dinner, Nov 11, 2013 (2013): Veterans will be able to choose a complimentary lunch or dinner entrée. Veterans must provide proof of military service. Be sure to contact your local McCormick & Schmick’s as this is valid at participating restaurants only.
• Outback Steakhouse – A week of Free Bloomin’ Onions and Cokes Nov. 11(2013). Outback Steakhouse is honoring America’s military veterans by offering active duty military and veterans a free Bloomin’ Onion and a Coca-Cola product during the week leading up to Veteran’s Day. This offer is available to Military Personnel who have one of the following forms of identifications: U.S Uniform Services Identification Card, U.S Uniform Services Retired Identification Card, Current Leave and Earnings Statement (LES), DD form 214 Veterans Organization Card (i.e., American Legion and VFW), Photograph in Uniform, Wearing Uniform.
• Sizzler Restaurants, Nov. 11, 2013 (2013). Buy one get one free, 6 oz. Steak Entree with the purchase of a second one. Valid with proof of military service.
• Spaghetti Warehouse Once in a Lifetime Veteran’s Day Celebration (2013). In honor of US military veterans and the unique once in a lifetime date: 11-11-11, Spaghetti Warehouse is offering lasagne or any original recipe spaghetti entree for only $0.11, with the purchase of a lasagne or any original recipe spaghetti entree at regular price. This offer is open to everyone, not just veterans. Download the coupon at their website.
• Subway – Free Six Inch Sub, November 11, 2013(2013). Select SUBWAY® Restaurants will offer a FREE six inch sub or flatbread to military veterans on Veteran’s Day. This offer is valid only on November 11, 2013 at participating local SUBWAY® restaurants, Military ID or proof of service required. Note: SUBWAY® Restaurants are franchises, so this offer may not be available everywhere. Please call ahead for participation and times.
• Texas Roadhouse – free lunch, Nov. 11 (11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.) (2013). Every Texas Roadhouse location across the country will participate in the free lunch event to honor the men and women of our armed forces. Offer good for All veterans – including all active, retired or former U.S. military. ID Required.
• T.G.I. Friday’s – Buy one get one free Nov 11 (2013).Valid for all US Military personnel and veterans. Must wear uniform (if permitted by your service) or present military ID or other proof of service. Only valid at participating locations for anyone with an old or current military ID.
• The Olive Garden, Free entrée (2013). Offer good for veterans and active duty military, November 11th during regular business hours. Chose from a special menu; all entrées inlcude freshly baked garlic sticks and choice of soup or salad.
• Twin Peaks, Nov. 11 (2013). Free entrée for service men and women (up to $10). Good for veterans and active service personnel with valid ID or proof of service. Dine in only; gratuity not included.
• Uno Chicago Grill, Nov. 11 (2013). Veteran’s Day Discount: 19.43% discount on their food and non-alcoholic beverage beverages purchases from11/7 through 11/11.
RETAIL STORE DISCOUNTS AND MORE
In all cases, be sure to provide proper ID or proof of service. In addition, some of these stores are franchises, so verify participation before assuming the discount is in place.
• Amazon.com – Free MP3 album download “Veterans Day Honor” This free downloadable album includes 12 songs as performed by the military bands and ensembles of the U.S. Armed Forces. Visit Amazon now through Veteran’s Day to download the album for free(album will be full price again starting Nov. 11).
• Big Lots – 10% off your entire purchase with valid military ID. more info.
• Cabela’s. Cabela’s is giving their standard employee discount to all US military veterans, active duty military, Guard/Reserves, law enforcement, fire and EMS personnel on Nov. 10-11. Discount varies from 5% to 20%, depending on the item.
• Dollar General. 10% discount on entire purchase on Veteran’s Day. Offer good for all active-duty military, retirees, veterans, Guard/Reserve, & immediate family members. The coupon can be found in the store circular, or by asking an employee. Also good online from Nov 11-13, use Coupon Code VETERANSDAY.
• Free Business Cards and Checks. Get 25 FREE Checks – Choose from 6 different designs or upgrade to premium checks and choose from many more designs. Bonus Offer – Get 250 Free Business Cards! FREE Checks & Business Cards offer.
• Free Car wash. Thousands of car washes around the country are offering vets a free car wash on Veterans Day. Find a list at Grace for Veterans, which helped veterans receive 101,537 FREE Washes on Veterans Day in 2010.
• Jos. A. Bank Specials: Veterans Day Sale- 1 Day Only! All Suits On Sale- 2nd for $47 Mix ‘n Match. 40% Off All Dress Shirts, Sportshirts, Ties & Sportswear. Free Shipping on Orders $195+. Valid: November 11. JoS. A. Bank Veterans Day Sale Orders.
• K-Mart. Exclusive Early Veterans Day Sale – Nov. 10th! EXTRA 5-10% off Almost Everything with coupon code VETERANSDAY. Friday & Saturday Specials + EXTRA 5-15% off & FREE Shipping orders of $49 with coupon code HOLIDAY.
• Netflix: Netflix – One Month Free Trial.
• Seven-Eleven – Free small Slurpee on Nov. 11 from 11 a.m. and 7 p.m. Offer good to all current and former military members. ID or proof of service required.
• Sports Authority – 15% off all purchases. All Veterans and Military personnel please stop by your local Sports Authority store to receive 15% OFF YOUR ENTIRE PUCHSASE on 11.11.11 ONLY! Please show proper identification or proof of service at check-out to receive this special.
• Sport Clips –. Sports Clips stores offer a Heroes discount which includes active and retired military.
• Steve Madden. We’d like to salute our heroes by doubling our everyday military discount of 15% to 30% OFF for Veteran’s Day ONLY. Valid with a form of Military identification (past or present) in Steve Madden stores only (not valid online). *Full priced merchandise only.
• Tim Hortons – all US locations are offering a free donut to all veterans (check out the Star Spangled donut!).
• $100 for opening new Chase Freedom VISA.
More offers available to everyone (not just military and veterans): These offers are available to anyone and require signing up for a new account.
• 2 Free Airline Tickets: Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards® Plus Credit Card
• 6 Free Nights hotel stay: Marriott Rewards® Credit Card
• Up to $400 in gift cards: Citibank Checking Account
• $250 Cash Bonus: Citi ThankYou Preferred Card
• Free Gamefly Trial
Sam’s Club® locations nationwide will distribute 36,000 Hugo® canes free of charge on November 9th, 10th, 11th, 2013 to U.S. military veterans in need of mobility assistance. Limited quantities available, while supplies last. Sam’s Club® Membership is not required, but proof of military service may be required. For more information, visit HugoSalutes.com.
*** Home Depot and Lowe’s Military Coupon Updates ***
Update: Home Depot and Lowes 10% Military Discount Available Everyday.
Home Depot Military Discount: The Home Depot(R) is offering all active duty personnel, reservists, retired military, veterans and their families a 10 percent discount off their purchases in honor of Veteran’s Day. The offer is valid on purchases of up to $2,000 for a maximum of $200 and is available at The Home Depot stores, The Home Depot Design Center locations, Yardbirds and EXPO Design Center(R) locations. The 10% military discount is available everyday for active duty and retirees, but not all veterans. Home Depot makes this offer available to all veterans on most military holidays. You can also find Home Depot discounts online.